( A Section of the Malaysian Dental Association )
What is SCODOS?
Section Concerning Dental Officers and Specialists in the public sector
(Ministry of Health / Ministry of Defence / Academic Institutions)
What are the objectives of SCODOS?
- To act as a consultative body, as a section under the MDA, in matters pertaining to the dental practitioners in the public sector.
- To act as a working committee to maintain the interest and to promote the welfare of dental practitioners in the public sector.
- To encourage dental practitioners in the public sector to become MDA members and to take part in the activities of the MDA.
Who are the members of SCODOS?
All MDA members employed in the public sector.
How to become a SCODOS member?
- Register as an MDA member and update MDA subscription fee.
- Register online through MDA web site - http://www.mda.org.my
- Contact MDA Secretariat—Tel: 03-20951532
What are the benefits of a SCODOS member?
- Able to forward issues of dental practitioners in the public sector to the relevant authorities through SCODOS.
- Entitled to 5 CPD points as a SCODOS/ MDA member.
- Opportunities to represent SCODOS in local & international events.
- Enjoy the benefits of MDA membership:
- Update Continuous Professional Development and participate in activities organized by MDA as well as collect more CPD points.
- Access to electronic journal through MDA web site.
TERMS OF REFERENCE SECTION CONCERNING DENTAL OFFICERS AND SPECIALISTS (SCODOS)
The Section to be known as Section Concerning Dental Officers and Specialists (SCODOS) which is based at the registered address of the Malaysian Dental Association. The Section shall be governed by the Malaysian Dental Association (MDA) Constitution and Council with the following objectives.
- It shall be a section under the MDA, functioning as a consultative body in matters pertaining to the dental practitioners in the public sector.
- It shall act as a working committee to maintain the interest and to promote the welfare of dental practitioners in the public sector.
- To encourage dental practitioners in the public sector to become MDA members and to take part in activities of the MDA.
MEMBERS OF SCODOS
All MDA members employed in the public sector shall be deemed members of SCODOS.
MANAGEMENT OF SCODOS
Executive Committee of SCODOS shall function as the principal body of SCODOS. The post of the Executive Members of SCODOS shall be elected at the SCODOS AGM (SCODOS biennial General Meeting).
Composition of the SCODOS Executive Committee
The Executive Members of SCODOS shall consist of:
- A Chairman
- An Immediate Past Chairman
- A Chairman Elect
- A Secretary
- A Treasurer
- An Assistant Secretary
SCODOS STATE REPRESENTATIVES
There shall be a SCODOS State Representative for each state. However, they are not part of the SCODOS Executive Committee. The nomination of the state representatives is either done during the election of the SCODOS AGM or by the SCODOS Executive Committee.
MEMBERS OF SCODOS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
- The Chairman
The Chairman shall take the Chair at all meetings of the SCODOS. He/She shall have a casting vote in addition to his/her vote as a member. He/She shall be the SCODOS representative on the MDA Council.
- Immediate Past Chairman
The Immediate Past Chairman shall offer advice to the Executive Committee in matters pertaining to SCODOS.
- Chairman Elect
The Chairman Elect will perform all the functions in the absence of the Chairman.
- The Secretary
The Secretary of SCODOS Executive Committee shall have the duty in consultation with the Chairman, of calling for meetings. He/She shall prepare and submit the minutes of the meetings to the MDA Council. He/She shall conduct all other correspondence of SCODOS. He/She shall submit the Annual Report of SCODOS to the MDA Council at the end of each term.
- The Assistant Secretary
The Assistant Secretary shall assist the Secretary, and shall be responsible for any other duties delegated to them by the SCODOS Executive Committee.
- The Treasurer
The Treasurer shall manage the funds of SCODOS. He/She is to prepare an annual budget for approval at the beginning of the year and a Statement of Accounts at the end of the year to the MDA Council.
SCODOS EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETINGS
- The newly formed SCODOS Executive Committee shall meet within two (2) months after the SCODOS AGM at which it is elected.
- The SCODOS Executive Committee shall meet at least twice a year preferably at six (6) months intervals.
- The Chairman shall preside at all meetings of the SCODOS Executive Committee.
- One half of the total number of SCODOS Executive Committee shall form the quorum.
- The Notice of the SCODOS Executive Committee meeting shall be sent two (2) weeks before the meeting by the SCODOS Secretary.
The SCODOS Executive Committee at its next meeting shall nominate one of its SCODOS members to act on vacancies in the SCODOS Executive Committee which are permanent, i.e. the post of Chairman, Immediate Past Chairman, Chairman Elect, Secretary, Treasurer, and Assistant Secretary.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The SCODOS AGM shall be held at least a day before the MDA Annual General Meeting.
- The notice of the SCODOS Annual General Meeting shall be sent to all SCODOS members at least two (2) weeks before the fixed date by the SCODOS Secretary and he/she shall call for Resolution for discussion at the Annual General Meeting. Any member desirous of moving any Resolution at the SCODOS Annual General Meeting shall give notice in writing duly proposed and seconded to the SCODOS Honorary Secretary not less than (8) weeks before the date of the SCODOS Annual General Meeting.
- The proposer and seconder must be present at the AGM in order for the resolution to be debated.
The agenda of the SCODOS Annual General Meeting, which shall be as follows, shall be informed to members of SCODOS before the SCODOS Annual General Meeting.
- 3.1 AGENDA
- To adopt minutes of the previous SCODOS Annual General Meeting.
- To discuss arising matters.
- To adopt the Annual Report for the preceding year.
- To adopt the Statement of Accounts for the preceding year.
- To elect the SCODOS Executive Committee Members in every two (2) years.
- To decide on any resolution which have been duly submitted.
- Any amendment on SCODOS Terms of Reference shall adhere to the article II of MDA Constitution.
- 3.1 AGENDA
The quorum at all Annual General Meetings of SCODOS shall be at least 25.
PROCEDURES OF ELECTION
- Elections Committee. The MDA Council shall appoint a member of the MDA Elections Committee to conduct the elections.
- Nominations are called for the following post: Chairman, Chairman-Elect, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, and Treasurer.
- Nominations are accepted from the floor. Nominations by proxy is allowed as long as the signed consent of the nominee is presented.
- Voting is by secret ballot and a simple majority determines the winner. Proxy votes are not entertained.
- The SCODOS Executive Committee shall receive an allocation of funds upon approval from the MDA Council for its activities as a section of the MDA.
- Quantum of annual fund allocation is determined according to Council’s discretion.
- Any other matter or matters not covered by these Terms of References shall be dealt with according to the provision of the MDA Constitution.
- In case of any dispute as to the interpretation, construction, rendering and meaning of all or any of these Terms of References or of any word or words contained in the Terms of Reference, the interpretation, construction, rendering and meaning determined and fixed by the Council of MDA shall be final and conclusive.