In 1998 the 5th FDI/MDA Scientific Convention and the Kongsi Raya dinner were organised.
The 55th MDA AGM and Scientific Convention was held at the Awana Kijal Beach and Golf Resort from 14th to 17th May 1998.
In 1997 the MDA organised the 4th FDI/MDA Scientific Convention and the 54th MDA AGM/BSGDS Scientific Convention.
The MDA's home page was officially launched.
This year saw the inaugural diplomates presentation ceremony with the DGDP examination, which was followed by a formal dinner.
The MDA/SDA Fellowship was held at Genting Highlands.
The 3rd FDI/MDA Scientific Convention was held in Kuala Lumpur in January 1996.
The CDA-MDA Scientific Congress and Trade Exhibition - 25-30 June 1996 was held at the PWTC, Kuala Lumpur.
The 53rd AGM on the convocation ceremony of the FICD was held concurrently.
In May 1995 the 52nd MDA AGM was held in Kuala Terengganu.
On the 26th of October 1995 MDA's bid to host the 89th FDI World Dental Congress was accepted.
In 1994 the 50th AGM saw the reintroduction of the President-Elect system.
On the 24th of March the MDA celebrated its Golden Jubilee with the charity dinner and launched the MDA history book.
In that year the first FDI/MDA/SDA Joint Convention in Kuala Lumpur and the 51st AGM held at Langkawi.
The Dental Trade Newsletter was published.
A new look full colour MDA News was launched.
The 49th AGM was held inKuching, Sarawak.
On the 24th of April the 16th APDC was held in PWTC, Kuala Lumpur.
MDA, MMA, FOMCA & MPS adopt the Patients Charter. In addition MDA also acquired a 4-story shop lot in Damansara Jaya.
In April 1991 the inaugural meeting of the Commonwealth Dental Association was held in Kuala Lumpur and Dr. A. Ratnanesan was elected President-Elect.
On the 1st of March 1987 the MDA acquired a floor in Plaza Damansara to house the present secretariat.
The first MDA/SDA Joint Scientific Congress & Dental Trade Exhibition was held in 1982.
In 1979 the MDA foundation was incorporated and it purchased a 3?-story shop lot in Jalan Klang Lama.
In April MDA was then given the privilege to host the 9th APDC and the FICD induction ceremony.
1975 AGM Scientific Convention.
President Dr. De Silva installed Yang Amat Berhormat Tun Abdul Razak, first Prime Minister as Patron of the Malaysian Dental Association on 19th April 1974.
MDA made history in 1974 being the first foreign dental mission to visit China.
Dr. Lim Chee Shin assumed the Presidency and for the first time the MDA had Secretariat with a paid employee
The 29th AGM was held on the 19th of April 1972.
Upon Malaysia and Singapore going separate way The Singapore Dental Association was born on the 24th of March 1967.
The 24th Annual General Meeting was held in Singapore on 25th March 1967, 'the first and last time' it was to be held 'away'.
In 1966 the AGM was held in Penang.
The MDA celebrated its Silver Jubilee in 1963.
The Malayan Dental Association underwent a metamorphosis and become the Malaysian Dental Association.
The Association was honoured to play host to the 4th Asian Pacific Dental Federation Congress in Singapore.
In 1961 the Malayan Dental Journal is launched with Mr. J. A. Jansen as the editor.
A code of Ethics was formulated and adopted in 1961 stressing the responsibilities of dentists of their patients, colleagues and the dental profession.
At the 17th Annual General Meeting held in Singapore on 15 April 1960 four distinguished Colleague who had brought distinction to the Association by their outstanding services and contribution to the Association and the dental profession were unanimously elected Honorary Members of the Association. They were:
Mr. Ong Kee Yeam
Mr. Tay Teck Eng
Encik Abdul Karim
Mr. Leong Min On
By 1949 the MDA had 3 branches.
In 1948 Dr Ong Kee Yeam took over the Presidency.
The first Malayan Dental Bulletin made its appearance in 1947 with Mr. M. Subramaniam as the editor.
With the surrender of the access powers are the end of the war, the revival of the MDA was initiated. The Ordinary Meeting was held on Saturday 9th February 1946 at the Dental Clinic, Kandang Kerbau Hospital, Singapore.
With the World War II looming the last recorded meeting was held on the 4th of October 1941 at Institute of Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur.
Institute of Medical Research, Kuala Lumpur, 1941
The 2nd president Mr. C. F. Mummery proposed the professional of dental care for the masses. By then 82% of the qualified dentists were members of the association.
On the 4th of March 1939 the first Annual General Meeting held at Dental Clinic, Singapore Central Hospital.
The history of the Malaysian Dental Association began on the 2nd of September 1938 by the Malayan Dental Association, which was officially inaugurated at a special meeting held in the Dental Clinic, General Hospital Singapore.
- To promote the art and science of dentistry
- To maintain the honour and interest of the Association
- To foster a feeling of friendship among its members
- To hold periodical meetings for the discussion of scientific subjects and of professional matters